From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Small (as in footprint) window manager
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:54:49
1 On 12/2/18 11:14 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >
3 > MythTV's requirement to use a GUI setup program on a "headless"
4 > server, always seemed like a massively stupid design decision.
5
6 Yes, it was a dumb decision. However, I suppose it's better than having
7 to edit that by hand... they could've uses a cli or curses interface or
8 something.
11 > That said, it's been many years since I've run MythTV. I switched to
12 > SageTV because of the brilliantly small and silent set-top-boxes. But
13 > Google bought SageTV and pulled the plug on that, so a year or two
14 > back I switched to Plex (which you configure via a web UI). The Plex
15 > plugin for OSMC/Kodi has a clumsy UI, but works pretty well. However,
16 > the Plex app for Roku seems to be useless...
19 I've only ever run MythTV. Lately though I use Kodi with Kodi's Myth
20 plugin on all TVs but my living room TV and computer.
21
22 Usually when I'm doing work to this I'm physically in front of it.
23 Fluxbox seems nice, going to try windowmaker and it's terminal but gcc
24 barfed compiling Objective-C support. Trying it again... one of my PCs
25 compiled the objc USE-flag fine, and the other didn't.
28 Dan