From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.9.5 VERY slow to respond
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 18:22:59
1 Hi, Dale.
2
3 There is something else. I have upgraded gcc, done an "emerge -evuDN
4 world", even recompiled the kernel, and the graphic system has stuck again
5 a while ago.
6
7 I will try to post later something more specific, but as far as could see,
8 it is not just KDE. But the text terminals still work, just can't kill
9 anything.
10
11 Good to know someone is happy again ;-)
12
13 Francisco
16 2013/1/31 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
17
18 > Dale wrote:
19 > > Francisco Ares wrote:
20 > >> Hello,
21 > >>
22 > >> When i saw your message, it was something of a relief, I was even
23 > >> thinking about a hardware problem, sometimes it freezes for so long
24 > >> and so much it even doesn't allow me to switch to one of the consoles.
25 > >> Sometimes I could not wait, and just reset the computer.
26 > >>
27 > >> Now I know it might be something else besides hardware (I have run
28 > >> Memtest+ for more than 24h and nothing showed up).
29 > >>
30 > >> Francisco
31 > >>
32 > >> --
33 > >> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
34 > >> you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
35 > >> I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
36 > >> two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
37 > > Well, it is not just you. I'm trying some things so if I find a fix,
38 > > I'll certainly post it. I may resync and see if there is any updates
39 > > too. By the way, when was your last sync? Mine was about midnight CST
40 > > on the 29th.
41 > >
42 > > Dale
43 > >
44 > > :-) :-)
48 > OK. This seems to be working. Yeppie !!! Try this package:
49 >
50 > sys-apps/dbus-1.6.8-r1
51 >
52 > I had to add that to my keyword file to get it tho.
53 >
54 > Yeppie !!! Even my little temperature thingy is working now. K menu,
55 > check. Copy and paste in Konsole, check. Oh yea. lol I could get
56 > used to this.
57 >
58 > Dale
59 >
61 >
62 > --
63 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
64 > how you interpreted my words!
71 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
72 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
73 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
74 - George Bernard Shaw