From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.9.5 VERY slow to respond
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:06:11
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Francisco Ares wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> When i saw your message, it was something of a relief, I was even
6 >> thinking about a hardware problem, sometimes it freezes for so long
7 >> and so much it even doesn't allow me to switch to one of the consoles.
8 >> Sometimes I could not wait, and just reset the computer.
9 >>
10 >> Now I know it might be something else besides hardware (I have run
11 >> Memtest+ for more than 24h and nothing showed up).
12 >>
13 >> Francisco
14 >>
15 >> --
16 >> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
17 >> you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
18 >> I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
19 >> two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
20 > Well, it is not just you. I'm trying some things so if I find a fix,
21 > I'll certainly post it. I may resync and see if there is any updates
22 > too. By the way, when was your last sync? Mine was about midnight CST
23 > on the 29th.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
27 > :-) :-)
31 OK. This seems to be working. Yeppie !!! Try this package:
32
33 sys-apps/dbus-1.6.8-r1
34
35 I had to add that to my keyword file to get it tho.
36
37 Yeppie !!! Even my little temperature thingy is working now. K menu,
38 check. Copy and paste in Konsole, check. Oh yea. lol I could get
39 used to this.
40
41 Dale
42
46 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!