From: "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Devices to stream music.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:04:47
1 Has anyone any experience in setting up a wireless music streaming
2 device to read MP3 files from a Gentoo installation? These are the kind
3 of devices I have in mind:
4
5 * Phillips Streamium [ http://en.streamium.com/products/sl50i/ ]
6 * Netgear MP101 [ http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MP101.php ]
7
8 I've seen vague hints that these devices might be supported by UPNP -
9 for which there is a package in portage... but it seems as if the
10 manufacturers expect the PC storing the MP3s to run Windows... and
11 presumably some proprietary server software. I'd far prefer to use my
12 Gentoo box which is on all the time. Can either of these devices be
13 convinced to work against Gentoo - and if not - can any anyone suggest
14 an alternative device which is supported?
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list