From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devices to stream music.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:12:01
1 Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
2 > * Phillips Streamium [ http://en.streamium.com/products/sl50i/ ]
3 > * Netgear MP101 [ http://www.netgear.com/products/details/MP101.php ]
4 >
5 > I've seen vague hints that these devices might be supported by UPNP -
6 > for which there is a package in portage... but it seems as if the
7 > manufacturers expect the PC storing the MP3s to run Windows... and
8 > presumably some proprietary server software. I'd far prefer to use my
9 > Gentoo box which is on all the time. Can either of these devices be
10 > convinced to work against Gentoo - and if not - can any anyone suggest
11 > an alternative device which is supported?
12
13 Check out http://www.slimdevices.com
14
15 The server software is opensource, written in perl.
16 IIRC the firmware of the device is also opensource!
17
18 Christoph
19 --
20 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3