From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed to emerge dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.6.0
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:52:17
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 28/04/16 01:33, Dale wrote:
3 >> Michael Mol wrote:
4 >>> I have my system automatically update nightly, and check the build results in
5 >>> the morning. If there's a persistent build error for a couple days, I file a
6 >>> bug report. That's my threshold, anyway.
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> This started on Sunday. So it has met that part anyway. Since I run a
10 >> mix of stable and unstable, it has been known to cause issues that are
11 >> weird. I just don't want to file a bug report and take up a devs time
12 >> if it is some weird one off thing that affects no one else. It's not
13 >> like they don't have enough stuff to deal with already. Then again,
14 >> they do want info on failures so that it doesn't affect others. Where's
15 >> my coin to flip? lol
16 >>
17 >> I plan to sync again and if it persists, Raid comes out. :/
18 >>
19 >> Thanks.
20 >>
21 >> Dale
22 >>
23 >> :-) :-)
24 >>
25 > I have a couple of background "things" happening at the moment:
26 >
27 > prelink and glibc: odd failures that make no sense - unprelink the
28 > system and everything works fine (at some point you get a failure to
29 > fork.) I hit it when trying to build multiple lxc instances ... it
30 > builds two and then the server becomes "toast" :( There is a bug on bgo ...
31 >
32 > btrfs and kernels 4.4.6 and 4.4.7: fails to convert/balance a raid 10
33 > (system hard lock, no errors) and maybe some file system related build
34 > errors (which might also be glibc related, though it might not ...)
35 > 4.4.8 works fine (includes a number of btrfs fixes)
36 >
37 > Either of those fit?
38 >
39 > BillK
45 Oddly, I had some google hits to that effect. I can't recall exactly
46 what I was searching for but on one of them, I did see glibc mentioned
47 as the issue. I just figured it would fail on other packages as well if
48 it was the problem so thought it unrelated. Well, maybe it is after
49 all. I dunno. Good question.
50
51 I seem to recall glibc being one of those packages that you can't
52 downgrade. Sort of chicken to upgrade, just in case the problem gets
53 even worse. Here's a little more info on my system.
56 root@fireball / # uname -r
57 3.18.7-gentoo
58 root@fireball / # equery list -p glibc
59 * Searching for glibc ...
60 [-P-] [ ] sys-libs/glibc-2.17:2.2
61 [-P-] [ ~] sys-libs/glibc-2.18-r1:2.2
62 [-P-] [ ] sys-libs/glibc-2.19-r1:2.2
63 [-P-] [ ] sys-libs/glibc-2.20-r2:2.2
64 [-P-] [ ] sys-libs/glibc-2.21-r2:2.2
65 [IP-] [ ] sys-libs/glibc-2.22-r4:2.2
66 [-P-] [ ~] sys-libs/glibc-2.23-r1:2.2
67 [-P-] [ ~] sys-libs/glibc-2.23-r2:2.2
68 [-P-] [ -] sys-libs/glibc-9999:2.2
69 root@fireball / #
72 Yea, I'm using a old kernel. I haven't rebooted in a while now. I just
73 wonder what that glibc 2.23-r2 would be like?? Anyone here took a drive
74 around the block with that version?
75
76 I just synced again. Going to see if anything changes or not but I
77 doubt it will. I didn't see any changes to the qtwebkit ebuild.
78
79 Dale
80