From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which is the Gentoo default? Openssl or Libressl?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 15:59:38
1 On 24/01/17 23:47, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 01/24/2017 10:38 AM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >> Title says it all. I think I've managed to screw things up, a USE flag
5 >> here, a USE flag there - what's a USE flag between fiends sort of thing.
6 >> I want to sort things out and I know at one time or another I think I've
7 >> dabbled in both openssl and libressl and now have some sort of mixed up
8 >> hybrid. What is the current Gentoo default so I can work on getting back
9 >> to "normal".
12 > There is no default per se, but OpenSSL has better support because
13 > that's what most upstream projects target. The way most ebuilds are
14 > written, you will get OpenSSL unless you have USE=libressl set.
20 Thanks.