From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More splash problems
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:05:50
1 bshlists schreef:
2 > Using all the suggestions on this thread I was able to get gensplash up and
3 > running. I however have one small problem the bootsplash come up some 1/3
4 > the way through the bootup process. Now I remember seeing somewhere a change
5 > to a config file which would change when the bootsplash started.
6 >
7 > I'd appreciate it if someone would remind me how to do this.
8
9 Afaik, it's not a change to a config file, it's a change in the way you
10 generate the initramfs.
11
12 If you compile it into the kernel (instructions on the Wiki; see How-to
13 fbsplash), it will start up at the very start.
14
15 If you load it as a separate initrd, you have to wait for the
16 framebuffer to initialize before the splash can start (which takes a
17 short while).
18
19 Naturally, if you change from loading an initrd to compiling the initrd
20 into the kernel, you do have to change a config file (grub.conf, to
21 remove the initrd= line, since you no longer have one), but changing the
22 file alone won't make any difference if you haven't changed the way you
23 create the initrd in the first place.
26 HTH,
27 Holly
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list