From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Small and dirty 32 bit environment just to flash my Bus Pirate
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 20:22:02
1 On 2017-07-19, tuxic@××××××.de <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > My Buspirate v36a needs a newer firmware.
4 > Unfortunately the flasher software is only
5 > available in 32bit and I run a 64bit modern
6 > Gentoo.
7 >
8 > The flasher is a commandline tool and needs
9 > no fancy movie player or fat surround sound.
10 >
11 > If there is no way (I fear) to setup a tiny
12 > quick'n' dirty 32bit environment on my Gentoo
13 > just to flash the firmware I woyld install
14 > a tiny quick'n'dirty 32bit Linux for my
15 > Virtual Box.
16
17 Why not just boot up a 32-bit LiveCD? (Or more likely these days, a
18 LiveUSB.)
19
20 Doesn't systemrescuecd still have a 32-bit boot option?
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! The entire CHINESE
24 at WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all
25 gmail.com share ONE personality --
26 and have since BIRTH!!