From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: genlop and tab completion acts weird
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 00:48:34
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 10/20/2012 07:15 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> I been noticing something weird. If I try to use tab completion with
4 >> the genlop command, I get things like this:
5 >>
6 >> root@fireball / # genlop -t -f/var/-su: /etc/make.globals: No such file
7 >> or directory
8 >> hp-toolbox.lock ^C
9 >> root@fireball / # genlop -t -f /var/lo-su: /etc/make.globals: No such
10 >> file or directory
11 >> ^C
12 >> root@fireball / #
13 >>
14 >> On the first one, I only typed in to/var/ then hit tab and on the
15 >> second one I went to /var/lo then hit tab. The rest it does when I hit
16 >> the tab key. Whatever it is doing, I have to hit ctrl C to get out
17 >> of it.
18 >
19 > Is /var on a different filesystem from / ? That kind of thing happens to
20 > me if an NFS mounted filesystem is hung for some reason (like the NFS
21 > server
22 > not being up yet during boot).
27 It's on a different partition but the same hard drive. So far, I been
28 messing with other commands, genlop seems to be the only one that does
29 this. I tried the usual ls, cat, equery and a few others but they work
30 fine. It seems to be something that just affects genlop and I have no
31 idea where to start. I'm running genlop-0.30.8-r2.
32
33 Is this a bug maybe?
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!