From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 19:46:16
1 On 14/11/2020 18:48, Jude DaShiell wrote:
2 > Probably the cause for me running into so much difficulty converting from
3 > openrc to systemd is there is no path for systems using systemd unless
4 > they're using uefi and going multi-user also, I tried doing the conversion
5 > during installation and not as a post-install job.
6
7 I certainly hope not!
8
9 My system is BIOS at the moment, I have no desire to mess things up by
10 switching to UEFI, and I will be well upset if it doesn't work with systemd.
11
12 Oh - and my host system I'm using to set up gentoo is openSUSE 15.1,
13 which is systemd, and happily boots with bios/grub.
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol