From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 23:50:01
1 On Sat, 10 Oct 2020, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 13:34:43
4 > From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
5 > Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]
8 >
9 > On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 10:00:04 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
10 >
11 > > I did make menuconf in /usr/src/linux and in devices->staging drivers I
12 > > found nothing to enable. Speakup got moved out of staging so that's
13 > > understandable. in device drivers->accessibility all I found was enable
14 > > app-accessibility which I turned on. Is speakup.synth=soft stored in
15 > > the runtime driver for espeak now?
16 >
17 > Press / in menuconf to search for options. This also shows options that
18 > are currently unavailable, and what you need to enable to get at them.
25 A search through options made no mention of anything connected to
26 accessibility. Trying to install a different kernel source has everything
27 masked. I'll read up on masking next, but it's looking like I'm going to
28 have to erase everything back to the get stage3 step again and get a less
29 current stage3 to get anything installed at all.