From: Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble with lm_sensors.
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:54:06
1 Hey all.
2
3 I've followed the Gentoo-Wiki HOWTO (which seems to be lacking a lot of
4 extra info), I've played with the lm_sensors website looking for
5 answers, I've been reading countless pages of RTFM, and what not - I'm
6 just slightly frustrated trying to get lm_sensors to work.
7
8 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Sensors
9 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=52815
10
11 My kernel, with i2c compiled as modules:
12
13 2.6.16-gentoo-r3
14
15 See here, sysfs is mounted:
16
17 sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
18
19 My i2c modules are loading (there may be more needed):
20
21 i2c_i801 11276 0
22 i2c_core 22784 3 eeprom,nvidia,i2c_i801
23
24 >From /etc/conf.d/rc:
25
26 RC_DEVICES="udev"
27
28 lm_sensors installed:
29
30 [I--] [ ] sys-apps/lm_sensors-2.10.0 (0)
31
32 It would seem that my setup is ready for lm_sensors, but then when I run
33 sensors after sensors-detect, this is what I get:
34
35 Can't access procfs/sysfs file
36 Unable to find i2c bus information;
37 For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and libsensors
38 was compiled with sysfs support!
39 For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
40
41 Any idea what I might be missing here? I'm a lm_sensor n00b.
42
43 Thanks!
46 Darth Vader:
47 I find your lack of faith disturbing.
50 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list