From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd net interfaces always want a default route?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:10:10
2 > > It looks like /etc/systemd/system/network@.service requires a gateway=
3 > line, however, for a second interface I wont set another default. Is there
4 > a standard way to so this, or do i have to copy network@.service to a new
5 > name and remove the 'ip route add' line?
6 >
7 > Where this service unit file came from? Did you write it yourself?
10 I had assumed it was part of systemd, but now i remember I copied it from a
11 wiki that explained how to setup static networking.
14 > If it's a static network (meaning, the computer does not usually moves
15 > physically), why don't you use a .network unit file (man 5 systemd.network)?
18 I'm converting my configs over to that now. Thanks.