From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd net interfaces always want a default route?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 03:45:20
2 > If it's a static network (meaning, the computer does not usually moves
3 > physically), why don't you use a .network unit file (man 5 systemd.network)?
6 > I'm converting my configs over to that now. Thanks.
9 Another question - i have a wired interface that's always on, and wireless
10 interface that doesnt start at boot and it not always running. I used to
11 just run the openrc init script to start and stop it, since openrc used per
12 interface scripts. With systemd the wired interface is fine using
13 /etc/systemd/network/<interface>.network, but AFAIK I wont be able to use a
14 *.network file for the wireless interface because then its status will be
15 tied to the wired interface.
16
17 What's the standard systemd way for me to control the wireless interface?