From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FF increasingly being bundled up
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 13:42:08
1 On Saturday 03 Oct 2015 12:18:19 Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2 > On Sat, Oct 03, 2015 at 10:57:47AM +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > Have you found that using local system flags causes rebuilds of FF more
4 > > often? I seem to build or rebuild FF every couple of weeks, but I would
5 > > not want to have to rebuild it more often.
6 >
7 > I have been using all the system-* flags as long as I can remember. I
8 > can't remember the last time that I rebuilt firefox for a reason other
9 > than a version update or I had directly changed its USE flags. I usually
10 > update weekly, so I see firefox rebuilds probably once a month or a
11 > little less frequently on average.
12 >
13 > Alec
14
15 Thank you all for your replies. I've enabled the system-* flags and firefox
16 built in the same time give or take a few seconds. I can't see a difference
17 yet, although it feels faster - clear psychological advantage! ;-)
20 Regards,
21 Mick