From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] repair uefi vfat /boot?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 22:51:41
1 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
2 On Sunday, March 22, 2020 12:50 PM, Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > What Stefan said - the disk is on its way out and autorecovery of bad sectors
5 > is failing. You could run:
6 >
7 > smartctl -a /dev/sda
8 >
9 > to see what errors it reports, but in the first instance if the data on this
10 > disk is valuable I suggest you get another disk and immediately transfer all
11 > useful/recoverable files off this drive. If the value of the data is not
12 > high/irreplaceable, then carry on using it - it may take years and years
13 > before it fails completely.
14 >
15 > To reallocate a bad block on your disk and hope more won't arrive overnight,
16 > have a read at this page:
17 >
18 > https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/BadBlockHowto
19
20 i get this output:
21
22 https://gist.github.com/Al-Caveman/b3be1a623f20b55de80d0e2eddcda5d4
23
24 how to read this? seems very cryptic to me.
25 how is this better than dmest -T?
26
27 thx.