From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 16:00:22
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 20:38:25 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Is there an aspect of it that doesn't make sense?  Or that you're
5 >>> uncomfortable with?  Can I help alleviate the worry?
6 >> Just making sense of it.  Trying to get it firmly in my mind.  It just
7 >> seems to simple and easy to move that much data around and swap drives
8 >> even while in use.  o-O
9 > But the whole point of LVM is to make it easy to do things like that. If
10 > this task were more difficult it would be a massive fail for LVM.
15 This is true but this is *ME*.  ROFL  Nothing should be *that* easy.  lol
16
17 BTW, my drive and CPU fan is coming in today.  Let's see if I feel like
18 I have enough energy to mess with it today. May do CPU first.  I can do
19 a new set of backups while recompiling with new settings for new CPU
20 too.  I also finished my -e world this AM with only one failure.  Dang,
21 emerge is getting good.  ;-)
22
23 I wonder what today will bring.
24