From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Intel NUC install -- no display on OLED TV
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 15:01:06
1 >> I read about outdated BIOS-versions and the need/fix to connect
2 >> something via DisplayPort and enter BIOS once ... to "reset" things or
3 >> something.
4 >>
5 >> I don't have such a box ... just echoing something I read (as I play
6 >> with the thought to buy a Intel NUC-Kit D34010WYK for use as a
7 >> mythtv-frontend).
10 > Going off topic a bit, but I recently bought a DN2820FYKH (Celeron
11 > model) and it works beautifully with mythtv. Compiling is a litter
12 > slower due to the processor, but it works well with its built-in IR.
13 > Very happy with it. I have everything working including HDMI audio
14 > passthrough. Best ~$250 I spent to date (NUC, RAM, SSD.)
17 The coolest thing about the Gigabyte 2807 is that it's fanless. I
18 don't need wireless so I'll replace it with one of these mini-PCIe
19 128GB storage devices:
20
21 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWEA88
22
23 I do wish it had built-in IR. I'm planning to go with xbmc instead of
24 mythtv. Compiling kernel now....
25
26 - Grant