From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:11:47
1 On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:45:34 Adam Carter wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I hope you are right. If it is missing modules, what do I need to do to
4 > > fix it? I did a emerge -e nvidia-drivers and everything built fine.
5 > >
6 > > fwiw xorg supplies the libdri modules, its not part of nvidia-drivers.
7 > > For
8 >
9 > some reason the path it checks for these drivers is not the same as the
10 > location they're installed.... Not sure if that's a Gentoo specific issue
11 > or amd4 Gentoo issue...i'll see if bug has been logged
12
13 It's not a bug, it's as designed.
14 Those 2 files are for the "xorg-x11 " opengl implementation.
15 When you switch to "nvidia" opengl, that location is not used. (And should not
16 be used)
19 Joost