From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wiki Gentoo article "info" question
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:26:39
1 On 2008-12-26, Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On my installation 'info kqemu' runs the Gnu info utility,
4 >> which doesn't seem to know anything about kqemu. What "info"
5 >> program is the Wiki talking about, and where does one get it?
6 >
7 > A shot in the dark: qemu has a console that can be reached with
8 > Ctrl+Alt+2. I would assume you have to enter the command there.
9
10 Ah. I've never seen the Qemu console before (though I vaguely
11 remember seeing it mentioned in the docs). I ought to edit the
12 Wiki page to make it clear that "run" actually means "open the
13 Qemu console and execute the command". For whatever reason, I
14 assumed "run something" refered to a stand-alone program or
15 utility of some sort.
18 Grant