From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Wiki Gentoo article "info" question
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:56:34
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-12-26, Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Grant Edwards wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On my installation 'info kqemu' runs the Gnu info utility,
7 >>> which doesn't seem to know anything about kqemu. What "info"
8 >>> program is the Wiki talking about, and where does one get it?
9 >>>
10 >> A shot in the dark: qemu has a console that can be reached with
11 >> Ctrl+Alt+2. I would assume you have to enter the command there.
14 > Ah. I've never seen the Qemu console before (though I vaguely
15 > remember seeing it mentioned in the docs). I ought to edit the
16 > Wiki page to make it clear that "run" actually means "open the
17 > Qemu console and execute the command". For whatever reason, I
18 > assumed "run something" refered to a stand-alone program or
19 > utility of some sort.
23 And then I assumed it was the general info command like the man
24 command. Just confused the heck out of a lot of folks didn't it? lol
25 I guess the wiki does need to be edited a little bit.
26
27 Dale
28