From: Gabriel Rossetti <rossettigab@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:20:21
1 Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
2 >> -----Original Message-----
3 >> From: Gabriel Rossetti [mailto:rossettigab@×××××××.net]
4 >> Sent: 24 January 2007 22:24
5 >> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 >> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox VERY slow on launch
11 >> yes, I have that, but I had that before in my previous
12 >> installation. FF
13 >> seems slower
14 >> (at launch) at school where they have a proxy server. If my memory is
15 >> correct,
16 >> it seems to do that when I go from my home network to my
17 >> school's network
18 >> and vice versa.
22 > Have you tried re-emerging firefox? Or possibly do a revdep-rebuild to check for missing libraries?
23 >
24 > Alternatively see if the binary package gives you the same issues?
25 >
26 > David
30 Yes, but re-emerging did not help. I did install the binary client, and
31 it does not have this problem.
32 revdep-rebuild only wants gcc rebuild, it always does for some
33 reason...I'm re-emerging it as we speak.
34
35 Gabriel
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list