From: Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Applying patches without needing overlays and modifying ebuilds
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 10:15:34
1 On Sun, 17 May 2009 09:42:20 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > I think you can redefine ebuild functions
5 > in /etc/portage/env/cat/pkg, so you could out a custom src_unpack()
6 > in there. It should work if the ebuild has no src_unoack, so you
7 > could do something like
8 >
9 > src_unpack() {
10 > unpack ${A}
11 > epatch mypatch
12 > }
13 >
14 > I don't know how this would work with an existing src_unpack in the
15 > ebuild, if you copied the existing function and added your patch.
16
17 I use /etc/portage/bashrc for the same purpose. For instance, this is a
18 patch I'm tacking onto portage ATM:
19
20 if [[ ${CATEGORY}/${PN} == sys-apps/portage ]]
21 then
22 post_src_unpack() {
23 cd "${S}"/bin
24 epatch "/etc/portage/patches/misc-functions.patch"
25 }
26 fi
27
28 As you can see, there are post_ and pre_ phases for all phase functions
29 which can be used to do fancy stuff like this.
30
31 I prefer /etc/portage/bashrc for this, since these hacks are usually
32 only needed for a short time, so having them all in one place for an
33 easy overview helps to keep the cruft down.
34
35 /loki_val