From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:45:21
1 On 10/05/2013 10:47, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 10 May 2013 09:52:05 +0200, Michael Hampicke wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I've repartitioned it 3 or 4 times, but it still comes up with that
5 >>> error when I fire up fdisk. Is it a problem, and if so, can I dd a
6 >>> few sectors to remove whatever it's complaining about?
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> fdisk does not support GPT disks, use cgdisk or parted (as the error
10 >> message clearly states)
11 >
12 > Or gdisk which is the most fdisk-like of the alternatives.
16 Reading between the lines shows Walter doesn't want to use fdisk to deal
17 with a GPT disk.
18
19 He has a regular partitioned disk that was once GPT, and some remnants
20 of that are left around confusing fdisk. He wants the remnants to go
21 away and needs to know what bit of the disk to dd and make that happen.
22
23 I don't know the answer to that.
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com