From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: libssl3.so.12 not found, but why not? [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:16:05
1 On 09/17/2009 10:37 AM, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Donnerstag 17 September 2009 19:21:44 schrieb walt:
3 >> Two days ago after updating world on my ~amd64, at least two apps
4 >> can't find libssl.so.12 even though it's right where it should be.
5 >> ...
6 >
7 > ...I've seen this on my box at work today. The interesting thing
8 > here was that for the affected program, evolution, libssl3.so showed up four
9 > times in ldd output, where three entries showed "not found" while the forth
10 > showed the location of the lib.
11
12 I also recompiled evolution and gnome-panel (those were the two apps
13 that were broken) but they both depend on evolution-data-server, and
14 recompiling that finally fixed it.
15
16 Now, the next question is why didn't revdep-rebuild fix it first?