From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 06:08:43
1 Am 02.10.2009 07:29, schrieb Arthur D.:
2
3 > I repeat once more.
4 > Every user who has VIM installed on theirs systems is forced to do extra
5 > configuration, to make sudo work as expected, just because someone prefer
6 > other editor and thinks that vanilla choice is bad. Isn't that just stupid?
7
8 I have VIM installed, set as default editor via EDITOR="/usr/bin/vim" in
9 my /root/bashrc. If I run VISUDO as root (I never use sudo so all there
10 is vanilla and so my user can't use sudo visudo) runs it with VIM.
11
12 I really don't see your problem.
13 All that was needed here on my box was setting VIM as my editor of
14 choice (I preferer to do that per-user so no setting of anything in rc
15 or /etc/env.d) and VISUDO accepted it. No magic involved.
16
17 Greetings
18
19 Sebastian