From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM and LABELS in fstab
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:32:17
1 On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 23:50:08 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Another LVM question. If I want to remove a drive and tell pvmove to
4 > move the data off it, can the drive have files being written to it
5 > while this is done? I'm wanting to use my old spare drive to move some
6 > things around but right now LVM has it. I think it is OK but just want
7 > to make sure. If it is not OK, do I have to unmount the LV first?
8
9 Once you start pvmove running, LVM will not allocate any more space on
10 the drive, so any files written to the LV will go on another drive.
11
12 If you mean you want to write to it separately from LVM, of course you
13 can, as long as you are using a different partition.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 WinErr 007: System price error - Inadequate money spent on hardware