From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WAY OT: quote
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:51:04
1 On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:13:11PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
2 > Michael Thompson (mike@×××××××××××××××.uk) scribbled:
3 > > On Friday 08 July 2005 17:32, Jason Cooper wrote:
4 > > > Michael Thompson (mike@×××××××××××××××.uk) scribbled:
5 > > > [snip]
6 > > > >
7 > > > > To see the world in a grain of sand,
8 > > > > and to see heaven in a wild flower,
9 > > > > hold infinity in the palm of your hands,
10 > > > > and eternity in an hour.
11 > > >
12 > > > This one bugged me for a week till I remembered a moment ago where I
13 > > > heard it. Tomb Raider, right?
14 > >
15 > > You proboly know it from Lara Croft, Cradle of Life, when Lara opens the book
16 > > of her father and splits the cover, it is a message from her father. But it
17 > > was a poem by William Blake called Auguries of Innocence.
18 >
19 > That's so embarassing. In my defense, I don't think William Blake had
20 > sketches of Angelina Jolie to accompany his poems. Perhaps if he had my
21 > memory would be better... :)
22 >
23 > cooper.
24
25 This is WAY off topic, but William Blake is also well known as an
26 engraver and painter on top of being a poet. While not sketches of
27 Jolie, he did draw lots of very memorable (and disturbing) pictures,
28 in particular his biblical illustrations.
29
30 W
31 --
32 "So what you have here is a highly nonlinear system of partial differential
33 equations in two variables. But, if you sub in 0 for both angles you can prove
34 conclusively that two attached rods will, in fact, hang."
35 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
36 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 5 days, 17:11
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list