From: Espen Hustad <espen.hustad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: finding package versions in use
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:51:06
1 2008/6/7, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>:
2 >
3 > * Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 > > > Try atom, from portage-utils, then use cut or awk to select the third
6 > > > item of output.
7 >
8 > >Ah, cool. That helps a lot :)
9 >
10 > > > > then map
11 > > > > the upstream's versioning schemes to my normalized one.
12 > > > > *If* Gentoo strictly follows the upstream's versioning scheme
13 > > > and only adds some -r* for ebuild revisions, then the first step
14 > > > should be easy,
15 > > >
16 > > >Gentoo follows upstream as closely as possible, but not when their
17 > > >versioning breaks the Gentoo rules. For example, dovecot-1.1.rc8
18 > > >becomes dovecot-1.1_rc8.
19 >
20 > > Are there any formal rules for that ?
21 >
22 > I believe you can find the naming rules here:
23 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1#doc_chap2
24 > cu
25 > --
26 > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
27 > Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
29 > Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
30 > http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
31 > Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
32 > http://patches.metux.de/
34 > --
35 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
41 Espen