From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] - What SATA CD-R/DVD-R drive manufacturer to buy?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:17:09
1 On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:38:16 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > I have a cheap Sony Optiarc (formerly NEC?) and it has worked fine for
4 > me for ripping and burning audio CDs, DVD+/-R (single and dual layer).
5 > It cost around $25 USD. I don't know if it is better or worse than any
6 > other brand but it seems to work for me anyway.
7
8 I've got a couple of these, one SATA one PATA, the SATA one works very
9 well but the PATA one is slower at ripping discs.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 WinErr 014: Keyboard locked - Try anything you can think of.