From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:07:39
1 On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 05:53:56PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 16:37 on Saturday 14 May 2011, Indi did opine
3 > thusly:
6 > > True, just be aware that if you enable gtk *globally* you will end up
7 > > building the gtk interface for absolutely everything which has that
8 > > option.
9 > > Far better (IMO, YMMV) is to use /etc/portage/package.use specify such
10 > > things per package. Unless, of course, you like having a gtk GUI for
11 > > everything.
12 > >
13 > > :)
14 >
15 > No, it is much better to enable such a flag globally and *disable* it using
16 > package.use where you do *not* want it.
17 >
18 > Personally, I have better things to do than examine every new or changed
19 > package that shows up after avuND world and edit package.us for every single
20 > flag in that huge list.
23 Sounds like the old "6 of one, a half-dozen of the other" to me...
24 What makes the subtractive method better?
27 caveat utilitor