From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Time for hardware upgrade(s)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:03:02
1 Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm reading that ASUS and Gigabyte are the way to go for reliability.
4 >
5 > - Grant
9 I can brag about my Gigabyte. When I was doing research on my newest
10 rig, Gigabyte seemed to be the highest rated. As we know, that
11 changes. When I built a rig several years ago, it was Abit. The only
12 complaint I have with my Gigabyte is the RAM sockets are close to the
13 CPU. If they were just a half inch farther over it would be awesome.
14 My CPU cooler fan touched the top of the memory coolers and I got the
15 shortest I could find at the time, that were worth having anyway.
16
17 I think I had a ASUS before but can't recall since it was not one of my
18 main rigs. I think it was in a rig I built for a friend of mine. His
19 house burnt so no way to know for sure. It melted. :-( R.I.P. I
20 wouldn't complain about it tho. It worked fine and was stable even
21 during the Gentoo compiles.
22
23 Most of this depends on what you want and what you can afford. I never
24 get the latest greatest as it costs to much. You may want and can
25 afford the latest greatest tho. I would just check out the reviews once
26 you get down to a few mobos and see if any problems are reported.
27 Making sure everything is Linux compatable is a good idea too. I got a
28 link to a site of you don't already have one.
29
30 Dale
31