From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless worked, rebuilt kernel, wireless no longer works
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 23:46:21
1 On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:15:29PM -0700, Penguin Lover Mark Knecht squawked:
2 > I do have some problems that I'm going to have to work out. I am
3 > getting messages about 'device initiated installation' - or something
4 > like that - early in the boot process. Later the kernel posts a
5 > message telling me either net.eth0 or net.wlan0 cannot start until the
6 > boot process completes. I checked rc-update show and I see that I'm
7 > startign these in default, not boot, so I think what I'm doing is
8 > correct but possibly coldplug or hotplug is doing something wrong the
9 > way I'm configured.
10
11 there has been a recent thread about this. You might be able to play
12 around with /etc/conf.d/rc (I think RC_PLUG_SERVICES) [I am not quite
13 sure if this is the right solution though].
14
15 W
16 --
17 AlexMc: Physics? Physics is EZ..
18 M: The Langrangian is self evident.
19 AlexMc: Well... not that easy.
20 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 29 days, 39 min
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list