From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrecord-prodvd extrange behaivor
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:23:46
1 Jason Stubbs schreef:
2 > As I said, it doesn't seem like it's misinterpreting from the output
3
4 Actually, it seems to me that it is, from the output:
5
6 > Track 01: 4444 of 4444 MB written (fifo 100%). Track 01: Total bytes
7 > read/written: 4660250624/4660250624 (2275513 sectors). Writing time:
8 > 101.814s Fixating... WARNING: Some drives don't like fixation in
9 > dummy mode.
10
11 The output definitely seems to indicate that cdrecord thinks that it is
12 meant to be in dummy mode-- but this is probably not a
13 'misinterpretation', since two people have already pointed out syntax
14 errors that are probably stimulating cdrecord to resort to a fallback
15 position (dummy mode, to avoid damage to the device or waste of media,
16 since the program is not quite sure from the incorrect syntax precisely
17 what you want it to do).
18
19 But I very rarely use cdrecord from the command-line, so I'm just
20 guessing, to take my mind off this awful cold I've got.
21
22 Holly
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list