From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} open-source: chat, tasks, resources, code
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 02:23:14
1 On 12/17/2012 08:59 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >
3 > Thank you for taking the time to explain this. You just sextupled my
4 > git knowledge. It does sound easy. Would a basic layout like this plus
5 > gitweb plus fugitive/gitv yield a git setup that wouldn't feel lacking
6 > for collaboration amongst a few people? It sounds like a bug tracker
7 > would be a good addition.
10 No problem. I can't speak for figutive/gitv, but as far as git itself is
11 concerned, it works great for us (a small team). None of the developers
12 actually use gitweb for anything, but it's nice to be able to show the
13 non-technical people "yes we are actually writing code sometimes."
14
15 A bug tracker would be a good addition. It not only provides a
16 collaborative todo list, but if public, will give your customers the
17 impression that their problems are being addressed.