From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to stop skype im use
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:29:16
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 May 2006 04:29, El Nino wrote:
3 >> how to stop skype IM? using squid or iptables.
4 >
5 > I think I saw a posting about that on the netfilter (aka iptables) mailing
6 > list, search around.
7 > In short, it is very difficult indeed.
10 I think squid could solve this problem. Although skype can use
11 port 80 for communication, afaik it does not use http-protocol,
12 but some private one.
13
14 So if you turn nat/masquarading on your router off and set up
15 your squid to act as transparent proxy for http+ftp, it will work
16 for valid http/ftp requests, but not for skype or any other IM...
17
18 HTH,
19
20 Jarry