From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dual boot RAID
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 06:10:19
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I guess the one thing above I'm not clear about is your choice of what
5 > appears to be RAID 0? RAID 0 is hardly RAID as there's no redundancy.
6 > Lose 1 drive you lose all your data. Also, if you're doing Linux RAID
7 > then the MB chipset RAID stuff is immaterial. You're going to do it
8 > using mdadm software RAID which then has no impact on what Windows
9 > does.
12 Well, I meant mirroring. I'm reading up on RAID for linux....
13 Gotta lot to learn and figure out.
14
15 > Processor choice makes little impact on how Linux RAID works. Faster
16 > is better. AMD or Intel is your choice.
17
18 Yea, that was fishing for comment on the MSI mobo. Agreed
19 that Intel/AMD make no difference.
22 Once I do some more research, I'll post on a new thread.
23 thx,
24
25 James