From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Retro ...
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 18:39:43
1 gentoo-user@××××.de <gentoo-user@××××.de> [16-02-17 19:32]:
2 > On 16-02-17 at 19:21, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > curious about how that had felt in ancient times, when hardware
6 > > and software were limited, I tried 'ed' - the one and only
7 > > editor ;)
8 > >
9 > > One feature I cant figure out (and the reason for that may be, that it
10 > > is not there... :) is:
11 > >
12 > > One has to specify the line, which s/he wants to edit. This is
13 > > possible via regexp (which matches more than one line and may be
14 > > not, what you want) and via line numbers.
15 > >
16 > > In case one wants to use line numbers:
17 > > One can list the whole text to the console...but the line numbers
18 > > are missing.
19 > > The "visual version of ed" called 'vi' is able to preceed any line
20 > > with a line number.
21 > >
22 > > Is this possible with ed?
23 > > How does one know the number of a specific line?
24 > Use %n instead of %p
25 >
26 > `info ed' is your friend
27 >
28 > --
29 > Simon Thelen
32 Hi Simon,
33
34 OH! Flat-hand-against-my-fronthead-effect...
35
36 YES! ...info... I forget that completly.
37
38 Thanks a lot for refreshing my brain ;)
39
40 Best regards,
41 Meino