From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: libreoffice-3.4.5.2: getting LibreOffice Help fails
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:41:20
1 Hartmut Figge:
2
3 >How to tell libreoffice which browser it should use?
4
5 Assuming that nowadays Firefox is used by many people i experimented.
6
7 hafi@i5_64 ~ $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/affe /usr/bin/firefox
8
9 'affe' is the name of my browser which in reality is a daily compiled
10 trunk-seamonkey with some private patches.
11
12 After setting the above link i got additional information after pressing
13 F1 in libreoffice:
14
15 hafi@i5_64 ~ $ lowriter
16 /usr/bin/xdg-open: line 622: x-www-browser: command not found
17
18 I don't know at the moment, what this xdg-open is, but it was obvious
19 that a x-www-browser was missing. So my next step was
20
21 hafi@i5_64 ~ $ sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/affe /usr/bin/x-www-browser
22
23 And now pressing F1 gives me the help in my browser. :)
24 Unfortunately not in a new window. Instead in new tabs in my running
25 browser, and for each F1 a new tab. Bah. But that can be tweaked.
26
27 But first i should look into that ominous xdg-open.
28
29 Hartmut
30 --
31 Usenet-ABC-Wiki http://www.usenet-abc.de/wiki/