From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a simple video editor?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 14:44:58
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > Right now I'm experimenting with mlt's "melt" command line editor. It
6 > seems to produces small, high-quality output files. I've figured out
7 > how to do video fade-in, fade-out, but can't get audio fade-in/out to
8 > work yet.
11 Hello Grant,
12
13 A good thing to search out is "non-linear" with your video editing search
14 strings, to find those very flexible and feature right video editiing
15 applications.
16
17 ON winblows, I use Vegas Pro. On linux the latest packages that are under
18 extreme development, usually have the best time-saving, features.
19
20 media-video/cinelerra
22 compositor. The First Free 4K Editor in the World.
25 http://cinelerra.org (great home page).
26
27 Might be to heavy for your needs? Clusters are a fantastic environment
28 to run heavy video development/editing codes on; that's how lucas films
29 and the other 'big boys' do their work.
30
31 hth,
32 James