From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommend a simple video editor?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 22:04:19
1 On 2016-06-11, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> Right now I'm experimenting with mlt's "melt" command line editor.
5 >> It seems to produces small, high-quality output files. I've
6 >> figured out how to do video fade-in, fade-out, but can't get audio
7 >> fade-in/out to work yet.
8 >
9 > A good thing to search out is "non-linear" with your video editing search
10 > strings, to find those very flexible and feature right video editiing
11 > applications.
12 >
13 > ON winblows, I use Vegas Pro. On linux the latest packages that are under
14 > extreme development, usually have the best time-saving, features.
15 >
16 > media-video/cinelerra
17
18 Yep, I've used cinelerra in the past. The UI drove me up the wall, and
19 I was hoping to avoid it if possible (I don't need anything at all
20 powerfull or fancy).
21
22 I gave up trying to get the "stable" 2012 version to recognize AAC
23 audio in an MP4 file (which is what my phone produces). I may try the
24 2014 "unstable" version if all else fails.
25
26 > Might be to heavy for your needs?
27
28 Yes, it's definitely more editor than I need.
31 Grant