From: Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Getting printer working, the road of Pain.
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 16:53:46
1 Ok. I'm going to have to do it. I'm going to have to get my blessed
2 printer working.
3
4 It is the finest laser printer money can buy. God himself uses it to
5 process the paperwork involved in assigning souls to either heaven or
6 hell... What I'm saying is that the printer is such an immaculate
7 example of printing perfection that linux is going to give me absolute
8 hell getting it working.
9
10 I will be sthocked if I can get it working in less than two weeks
11 working full time and without influcting a migraine and/or an ulcer on
12 myself.
13
14 (meanwhile, Windows can print to the thing effortlessly....)
15
16 Right now linux is so broken that the CUPS web interface will deny all
17 attempts to administer the printer and reject any password. The config
18 file is written in moonspeak, I just need the motherfucking thing to say
19 yes when I tell it to do a thing. I expect it to take 2-3 days just to
20 get over this hurdle.
21
22 How can people actually go around installing linux on people's computers
23 as if they were doing them a favor when it really is this bad?
26 Beware of Zombies. =O
27 #EggCrisis #BlackWinter
28 White is the new Kulak.
29 Powers are not rights.