From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for google-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 22:11:59
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 05/22/2015 10:21 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> I have always copied mine over manually too. I keep quite a few spares
4 >> laying around, just in case. I had one that got corrupted a long time
5 >> ago. After I booted another kernel and looked at the one I was trying
6 >> to boot, it was only a few kilo bytes worth. No clue what happened
7 >> there. I just copied it over again and the size was right. Then it
8 >> booted fine. Weird.
9 > I've manually copied the kernel .config over and had that happen. I
10 > remember thinking why is it so small, then I opened it with vim and went
11 > "Ohhhh....." ;-)
12 >
13 > Dan
14 >
15 > .
19 Well, I think something went goofy at some point since it wasn't the
20 config. I did try to open it and got the usual garbage stuff not a text
21 file. If I recall correctly, that was on a drive that later died. It
22 very well could be that it just went corrupt. Also, that kernel had
23 been used before, it just didn't work that time. It's been a while back
24 and was on another machine. So far, the last time I had a kernel fail
25 on first boot was waaaaaaay back when I was first creating my own
26 kernels and was learning what options were a must have. That would be
27 back around 2003 or so.
28
29 Dang, I'm getting to be a old Linux fart. ROFL :-(
30
31 Dale
32