From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] saslauthd startup parameters
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:08:48
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> writes:
4 >> where are we supposed to set the parameters for saslauthd?
5 >>
6 >> I edited /etc/init.d/saslauthd, and that's probably not the right place
7 >> to put them?
10 > There's probably a saslauthd file in /etc/conf.d
11
12 Hm, I need to check again to be sure whether there is or isn't.
13
14 If there is, then how is it included into the startup script? And why
15 isn't there anything in /etc/default for it, where I would expect it?
16
17 Or, more general, what are the criteria with Gentoo whether to put such
18 a file into /etc/default or into /etc/conf.d?
22 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
23 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.