From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] saslauthd startup parameters
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:45:20
1 On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 01:07:55 +0100, lee wrote:
2
3 > > There's probably a saslauthd file in /etc/conf.d
4 >
5 > Hm, I need to check again to be sure whether there is or isn't.
6 >
7 > If there is, then how is it included into the startup script? And why
8 > isn't there anything in /etc/default for it, where I would expect it?
9 >
10 > Or, more general, what are the criteria with Gentoo whether to put such
11 > a file into /etc/default or into /etc/conf.d?
12
13 /etc/conf.d is an openrc feature. Any script in /etc/init.d should read
14 the corresponding file in conf.d. It is openrc's way of separating
15 configuration from the init scripts.
16
17 If the file doesn't exist, create it, but most packages include an
18 example conf.d file.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Did you hear about the blind prostitute? You have to hand it to her.