From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 01:11:19
1 On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 5:08 PM, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > BTW, is it as easy to give a graphics card to a container as it is to
4 > give it a network card?
5
6 I've never tried it, but I'd think that the container could talk to a
7 graphics card.
8
9 > What if you have a container for each user who
10 > somehow logs in remotely to an X session? Do (can) you run X sessions
11 > that do not have a console and do not need a (dedicated) graphics card
12 > (just for users logging in remotely)?
13
14 You don't need to even have a graphics card to serve X11 via vnc or
15 nx. You could probably serve them even if your only server console
16 was a serial console. Just run x11vnc or whatever it is called - it
17 is an X server whose only framebuffer is a VNC session. I think NX
18 uses the same server, but I'd have to check. Of course, you wouldn't
19 have 3D accelleration with this server, not that you'd be using it
20 over NX/VNC.
23 Rich