From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Laptop: 2 problems
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:40:17
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:14:42 +0000 Thierry de Coulon
4 <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote:
5 > First (but not very important): I can't get the system to use a
6 > domain name. The domain name is correctly written
7 > in /etc/conf.d/domainname, but typing domainname returns (none). I
8 > can set the domainname with domainname "name of the domain" but this
9 > does not survive a reboot ?!
10
11 From the manpage:
12 domainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
13 dnsdomainname - show the system's DNS domain name
14 nisdomainname - show or set system's NIS/YP domain name
15 ypdomainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
16 Notice the difference between the first two lines? ;-) If you set right
17 variables in /etc/conf.d/domainname then add domainname to the boot
18 runlevel with "rc-update add domainname boot".
19
20 > Now my question is: should I recompile a kernel with the ACPI options
21 > compiled into the kernel, or load the modules?
22
23 If you have the modules then load them in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
26 Cheers,
27 Renat
30 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
31 durch die sie entstanden sind.
32 (Einstein)