From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Once again baffled by portage
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:17:39
1 On Friday 18 January 2008 01:08:51 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > Actually it was decided to keep monolithics in KDE 4.0.0. Splits are
3 > > now the default which means they are listed first in any-of dependency
4 > > blocks such as e.g. || ( kde-base/kompare:kde-4 kde-base/kdesdk:kde-4 )
5 > > in KDE 4. But monos are still around. There is a list of the monos in
6 > > the url I posted in another mail to this thread.
7 >
8 > Would it be possible to modify the kde-meta eclass so that a split vs
9 > monolithic block gave a more informative error message. Even a generic
10 > message pointing to that URI would be a great help.
11
12 Since we only have the RDEPEND="!kde-base/kdesdk:kde-4" etc. dependency syntax
13 which doesn't allow messages I don't see how (if you see a possibility I'm
14 missing say so). The message you get is a generic resolver failure. If you
15 have ideas for better wording of the blocker message from portage I guess you
16 should file a portage bug. If you have any ideas for extending the ebuild
17 format to make it possible to add custom messages with urls then I guess
18 filing a PMS/EAPI bug is the way to go.
21 Bo Andresen