From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 and package.use
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:07:17
1 On Thursday 18 November 2010 22:41:49 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > With all these changes it's hard to give firm advice, except to say this:
4 >
5 > If conf-update wants to make changes to package categories, and eix on your
6 > machine gives the same new ones as the new config file, then make the
7 > change. Otherwise find out why you are out of step.
8
9 Yep, eix is telling me that suggested changes are sane and therefore I should
10 accept them.
11
12 > having said that, yes it does look like you have enlightenment overlay
13 > uninstalled and the efl one installed. And it looks like you are now going
14 > to switch them back around again. Life on the bleeding edge is fun, right?
15
16 Fun but uncomfortable!
17 =====================================
18 Calculating dependencies... done!
19
20 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "dev-libs/e_dbus" have been masked.
21 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
22 - dev-libs/e_dbus-1.0.0_beta2 (masked by: ~amd64 keyword)
23 =====================================
24
25 So it seems that I should delete efl, install enlightenment overlay instead,
26 remove any package.keywords on all 9999 ** packages (?) that I had set up for
27 efl and instead unmask beta versions of packages as portage is telling me to
28 do. Have I got this right, or should I leave 9999 ** in my package keywords
29 for the enlightenment packages?
30
31 I may wait until Sunday or so in the hope that all this dust has settled,
32 because I fear that I may be caught half-way between changes on efl and
33 enlightenment overlays with no way of installing a working desktop.
34
35 Thanks again for holding my hand on this.
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick